Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Made By Hand: India Flint




front
back

[piece will be shown at Katherine Nash Gallery in Minneapolis for Surface Design and at Orange Regional Gallery, NSW ,Australia]


i love running stitch it just keeps on going forever running and running. the name says it all. when the thread runs out [it likes to run, too] i just find another piece. you can run in circles or loops or up and down in tight rows mapping memories and drawing cornfields with a line of thread. you can piece together cloth, quilt a blanket, sew a dress. running stitch can be fast or slow, wild or carefully considered. running stitches take me to the places where i need to be in my mind as well as on the cloth
they trace the labyrinths of thought
run red lights on memory lane and then keep on running
like me
i have been sewing since i can remember but it’s still not very neat




Photos of India's hands by Sharon Mc Grath   http://shazzmc.blogspot.com/

India's Links:
PO Box 209, Mount Pleasant 5235, Australia
www.indiaflint.com
http://prophet-of-bloomblogspot.com/
http://found-stitched-dyed.blogspot.com/
+61[0]439 999 379
save the planet, it's the only one with chocolate...



3 comments:

  1. Great post...l wonder if you would mind if l used the quote at the end of your blog..it made me laugh so much!!!!lynda
    http://tryingtocreatearteveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda...it is a great quote....check with India about using it! Glad you liked this post...thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny thing is
    that particular piece didn't make it to Minneapolis in the end
    as
    the Orange Regional Gallery [NSW Australia] kept it for their collection

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!