Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Friday, September 14, 2012

Any Given Moment

Greetings at the tail end of another week...hope all is well in your world! If you are crazy busy, as I seem to be, remind yourself that it's all good and the challenge is in finding the balance in life. Lots going on and new opportunities presenting themselves that must get added in to the mix. I intend every week to do a post each Monday in addition to Friday, but I never seem to make it. 

Last Monday, I was forwarded a short video by another artist (and follower of this blog) Karen Anne Glick, that I must share with my readers as well. Karen Anne makes a beautiful small quilt each day in her daily studio practice. Here's a short video of another such artist with a daily practice....it captures in so many ways what I am trying to reach in my own search through these daily drawings. Click on the link HERE to watch the video.


September 8, 2012

September 9, 2012

September 10, 2012

September 11, 2012

September 12, 2012

September 13, 2012

September 14, 2012

Another new group of small drawings is emerging....these are quite small, about 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". Below is the first in the series whose title has announced itself as Any Given Moment.


Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the enormity of it all...the immensity of all that exists and the infinitely large and minutely small scale of activity that never ceases. From the movement inside our cells or the colonies of ants going about their business to the hum of people passing on the streets in any large city, the movement of clouds, of the earth....you can't begin to capture it all. But think of it....at any given moment....how can we even speak of it? I cannot find words, so I make something...and I'll make another something....and something after that. These pieces will find their way to the MissouriBendStudio shop and, of course, the dailies continue to mount into quite a number as the days go by over at MissouriBendMusings. Thank you so much for sharing the conversation....always wonderful to hear from you! 


10 comments:

  1. The video was very peaceful to watch. I see the connection between your art and what he is doing. A calming meditative process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn....it was a calming, meditative video. I think our intent comes from the same source, yet he seems much calmer at his core....it's a process, that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. Yes. At any given moment it is all immense, complex, overwhelming and ...busy!Lovely work.
    Thank you for the link. Have a great weekend;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried twice to reply to comment, but Blogger was in one of it's fits! Great to hear from you and hope you had a great weekend and are having a good week so far! Thanks for taking the time to comment....cheers!

      Delete
  3. And then expand it out into a universe that seems to be infinite in its creation. Its truly magnificent (and mind boggling).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big echoing YES! Enough to blow your circuits! Best wishes, Penny!

      Delete
  4. what a wonderful video! thank you for sharing! i relate all too well to that feeling of being overwhelmed by the immensity of it all. unfortunately that too often follows me in my work. the faithfulness of your daily practice and this peaceful video inspire me to let go and just get lost in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anca...it's so easy to get overwhelmed by any and all of it. I think it is important to focus on the process, whatever that is....it seems to help my gaze stay on the more meaningful side of life....not an easy task, however!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Patti - I think it's easy to get overwhelmed by the enormity of everything; that's why I so enjoy work like yours that manages that but also focuses on the small, the wee, the domestic sized stuff that I can handle.

    I have a personal opinion that the world's spinning is actually on fast forward at the moment, so you are not alone in feeling the rush and the whirl....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiona....the small and the wee....the details that are often overlooked as insignificant...it's all part of the vastness, but at a scale I think we can all relate to. It's where we live...in the dailiness of it. Hope all is way in your corner of the world!

      Delete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!