Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Monday, August 6, 2012

Ledger Pages Unfolding

The first full week of August already....wow! Just a quick few words here as I show you the first few days of the ledger pages. So far, I haven't found any of the blank ledger pages in the stores that I like, so I'll probably buy them online. In the meantime, I've found some blank ones online that can be printed, so I'm just printing them here at home on Japanese paper that I cut down to a standard 8 1/2" x 11" size. It could get expensive to do that forever, but better paper allows for more possibilities, I suppose.

Thanks so much for the encouraging comments....your support means a great deal and helps me stay the course at the times when I second guess myself. Still in pursuit of the envelope idea and finding just the right ones to use. In the meantime, these new pieces are posted at MissouriBendMusings just as they are.





Hope you have a great week. Still hoping for rain here....whatever happens though will be too little too late....it's a grim scene in the farm fields these days. See you in a few days!



6 comments:

  1. yes! yes! yes! and a prayer for rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are wonderful. Very free.
    Sending you lots of rain.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie....no rain so far, but at least the sprinkler system finally seems to be working again! Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Hello Patti. Love this idea of yours working on the ledger paper. Very effective. Not sure what your plan is with working with envelopes but Fiona's and my next collaborative piece is going to be worked in envelopes - a couple of bought ones but most we are going to design and make ourselves. Maybe that could be a solution for you ... make exactly what you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the great idea Susan! I couldn't really find what I had in mind, but of course I could make them! And now that I've had time for this notion to sit a spell, I realize that I'll just make the ledger paper too.....more on that in my next post!
      Thank you! Best wishes for the next collaboration between you and Fiona...always a treat to see them unfold! Cheers!

      Delete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!