Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Daily Practice

Notes From the Ancestors no.8

Happy Friday everyone! It's been a good week, although quite busy. The academic year is starting up and there have been potlucks and kickoffs to the new year at the university where my husband teaches, including the potluck we had here for 36 folks from the Art Department....faculty and grads and their families. That was fun and we had a perfect summer evening for being outdoors. I managed to finish another piece in the Notes From the Ancestors series and it's now up (and available) on my website at robertspizzuto.com.

August 21, 2012

August 22, 2012

August 23, 2012

August 24, 2012

Still waiting my for my paper order to arrive, so this week I've been using odds and ends of whatever handmade paper I can scrounge up in the studio, but I've about exhausted the supply. Hopefully the package will arrive Monday. My new routine of getting up a little early to make the daily drawing before yoga is working nicely. It becomes a peaceful way to start the day, allowing it to begin with a quiet conversation with the muses. There's that strange stripe showing up again in that photo above....what gives with that?! Anyway, tomorrow is another work day for me at the library, so I'll head to bed shortly. Hope you have a fine weekend and hope to have some fresh, new work to share with you at the beginning of the week!

Cheers!

18 comments:

  1. I am completely charmed by your first piece "Notes From The Ancestors no 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, thank you so much. I'm so glad to hear that people are connecting with the pieces in this series, as I am so happy making them. Thanks for taking time to let me know!

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful. What a perfect way to start your day. I think morning rituals like that are so important.

    I like the paper you're using in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bridgette....although not everyone is a morning person, I certainly am, so this little start to my day is just right. Thanks for the thumbs up on the paper....makes a huge difference in how I connect with the drawing process! Thanks for you comment!

      Delete
  3. Lovely and evocative as always. You could call these "make-do's" while you wait for your paper. I love the sense of earth that I get from your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny, so glad to hear of the sense of earth....that's a very good sign and a wonderful compliment. As long as I have some kind of handmade paper in my hands, I'm fine....I have enough to get me through....new paper arrives tomorrow! Have a good week!

      Delete
  4. These are lovely. I love the houses surrounding the pond with the boat. I have been dreaming of boats and thinking of doing some. so I was drawn to that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie....although, it doesn't appear that way, for me the water is the river since that's where I live. But I often use water and a little boat to signify bigger things....life, the journey! I haven't spend much time out on a boat, but I do love them. Thanks for your comment....have a good week.

      Delete
  5. These are so beautiful. There is a great harmony of colour and mark, somehow suggesting a peaceful repose. Mark as pattern and the placement on the page particularly excite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! Many thanks for the compliments on the work. It is a good thing when the intention, the paper and the marks are all coming from a place of harmony....many exciting things can unfold from there. So glad you like them! Great to hear from you!

      Delete
  6. These are becoming increasingly exciting. What a lovely way to start the day. Have a great weekend .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annamaria....thank you! It is a nice, gentle way to start the day....I'm glad they are getting more exciting as time goes on, which tells me I'm on the right track! Thanks for the cheer and support! Have a great week ahead!

      Delete
  7. It's a lovely meditative conversation you've gotten yourself into here Patti - and I just say keep on going! Lovely things are emerging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiona...what a perfect description of this process that I've finally come to. It is a meditative conversation....thank you for the confirmation and encouragement!

      Delete
  8. Today, I have just looked at your photographs, not yet read your text. But, I love the monochrome of your work. It is just is so inspiring.
    I love your style and your art.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue...it is really great to hear that the monochrome is an inspiration. I am drawn to subtleties and love a kind of earth monochromatic palette....thank you so much!!

      Delete
  9. Hi P - sounds like a great routine - balanced combo - yoga and creativity - your body and brain would certainly be in gear before heading to work. I really admire the daily small art works - that is such a good discipline - 21 August I love. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barry....your comment ended up in a Blogger black hole and I just retrieved it from the abyss, thank goodness! Thank you so much for kind words....the discipline is great....if you can stay disciplined, that is! cheers to you!

      Delete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!