Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Winter Meditation No.5

Winter Meditation No.5
A little time squeezed in downstairs in the studio for another quiet meditation on winter.  This must feel foreign to those of you in the southern hemisphere who are experiencing plenty of sunshine and warmth...at least in theory!

I'm glad to hear, from the comments on my last post, that I am not alone in being called to these late night meetings!  Surprisingly, the big meeting where all the final decisions will be made hasn't been called and I've had a few uninterrupted nights of sleep, with what I hope have been pleasant dreams!
I didn't mention to you the close alliance between The One Who Loves To Make Art and MissouriBendStudio The Blog, who sat quietly in the back at those last meetings.  They were both in agreement and of one mind that this blog is a creative act in and of itself and that The One Who Loves To Make Art, as the self with the most clout in the meetings, would speak on her behalf.  And of course, early on, there had been the tug-of-war between Missouri Bend Studio The Blog and The One Seeking Balance about the idea of five regular posts a week....it seemed, at first, that more work was being generated, rather than less, but everyone in group listened carefully to each other (for a change!) and it was agreed that it would be feasible to have five short and meaningful posts a week that actually left more time for The One To Who Loves To Make Art to get her momentum back.  She loves the blog and all her blogging friends as much as Missouri Bend Studio The Blog! 

And now, as I have my last push to tidy things up and get ready to take a week off for the holidays, I have begun to feel a bit of light at the end of the tunnel and look forward to spending a week with my wonderful husband and my family who will be gathered in Athens, Georgia.  I'll be posting A Walk Through The Universe tomorrow night before we leave and have a featured artist scheduled for the 27th, so you'll have that to look forward to!  Sending my warm wishes to all of you for a joyful and relaxing holiday season....with eyes toward a fine and prosperous year in 2011.  Thanks so much for your support and a hearty welcome to the newest followers!

2 comments:

  1. All the best to you and yours in the holiday season, Patti and here's to a fantastic 2011! Meeting you in this strange format has been one of the highlights of 2010 for me!

    By the way, Winter Meditation, above, seems far less a meditation and much more the very image of winter herself! No snow here yet, but due any hour now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabriella...yes, my connection with you has also been a highlight of the year! Heartfelt wishes for you and Brian to enjoy a relaxing holiday and a joyous New Year! Best to you both! Our little collaboration shall resume shortly as well!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!