Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Amazing Color Everywhere

It's a windy day here in South Dakota and the Missouri River appears to have whitecaps, reminding me of my earlier life on the west coast of Florida!  Since coming to South Dakota five years ago, I have been continually amazed by the color in the landscape--in the grasses and weeds, the trees and fields.  I think that people probably view Florida as being very colorful, but I still maintain that I have never seen so much color in the landscape as there is here...no matter what the season!  I find it delightful and now, when I see the softest green glowing on the trees set against the blue cast of the bluffs of Nebraska across the river, it's so beautiful it almost breaks my heart!

Just finishing up a couple pieces in the studio and will post them in a couple of days in my shop: www.etsy.com/shop/missouribendstudio

Here's a quickie shot of one of the
workspaces in the studio I took
this afternoon...

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!