Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Friday, April 16, 2010

Embroidery on Paper--A Work In Progress

I love being in the studio--working, thinking through my hands, holding brushes and pens, along with needle and thread.  And I adore sewing on paper!  There are lots of stages to the work that I make, starting with layers of paint on paper...getting the colors working together just so.  Many of the pieces eventually end up with embroidery and that's my favorite time....the meditative state of slowly stitching through paper.  I love the feel of the needle poking through that very textured handmade paper and the way the colored stitches lay against the color of the paper.  The simplest of pleasures.  I'd love to hear from anyone who also loves to sew on paper!  Here's a shot of a work in progress...before the sewing...you'll see this again soon in my shop, looking much different!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!