Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Thinking About the Garden

Can't wait to get out to the garden...I hope it's not too soon to trust that the weather won't surprise us with another round of snow!  As I think about being outside and how the rhythms of my day will change gradually as I spend more time in the garden, I wonder about our collective ancestors whose lives were much more attuned to the change of seasons.  I am reading about the different activities engaged in by people living in the Middle Ages and how their lives were governed by the seasons and by the changing light.  While our lives our vastly different now, we still feel and appreciate the changes and ponder new activities that take us outside...for me, it's the garden.  This year, I'll start a real herb garden...looking forward to getting my hands in that dirt!

New postings in the MissouriBendStudio shop on etsy today.  Season Cycles/Early Spring nos. 4,5, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!