Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Made By Hand: Robyn Gordon



"My relationship between art and life is very intense. It is the process of living and creating that moves me. I approach my sculptures and paintings with the intent of having fun, splashing, scraping, pushing, pulling, dripping, wiping and carving my way into a state of animation. Intuition and my visual sensibilities click in; then the dialogue begins".  -  Antonius Roberts
 
Links:
 


6 comments:

  1. I am really loving these photos of the hands at work - it makes it more personal and real somehow so thank you for sharing. I love Robyn's work - so many stories layered into each piece and so earthy. This is a great description of the process too - about getting into it and making joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice seeing some of Robyn's work process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to see Robyn being showcased and at work. I love the use of symbolism within each piece, her works are truely inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona, Jan and Kim...thank you all for your comments! Happy to feature Robyn...she is one of my favorites. What an inspiration to us all she is...in so many ways. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Robyn's work. It is so unique. It is great to see her 'at work' in these two shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Seth...her work is unique and so interesting to see it in process!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!