Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring Arrives in the Studio

Spring has definitely arrived in my studio, even if it's a month away on the calendar!  I know because the spring meditation drawings have begun....and I know they belong to the spring because there is color!
I made a new friend this week, in the form of a new art material that is brand new to me...what can I say, except, "water soluble crayons, where have you been all my life?!"  They've been tucked away in the drawers in Johntimothy's studio and I've always been free to use them, as he often does, but I was just never moved to do so.  I'm not sure what spurred me into action to go in there and dig them out, but I think I must have seen some lovely little drawing in my etsy searches that was made with water soluble crayons.  We're great pals now...those crayons and me! Pardon the bad photography of these spring meditations....



But, here's a much better shot of Spring Meditation no.1, which you can find here in my shop...


I actually started playing with the water soluble crayons on the little square pieces and that's where I first fell in love with them....

I can't tell you how much fun I'm having playing with these little pieces...maybe you can tell, though.  I'm still not quite sure where they are going....I'll know it when I see it....I have inklings, like when you're lost in a dream and you can't quite see something, but only make out a vague impression.  I think they are little book covers of some sort....I won't say more, because I just don't know.  I'm just given enough to keep moving forward, so that's what I'll do.  I'm ready for a bit of a break and will look forward to a little outing to see an exhibtion tomorrow!  Have a fine weekend and we'll see you Monday! 







7 comments:

  1. I can see you are having fun Patti. It must be Spring fever.
    Thanks so much for including my hands and work in your Made by Hand series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Spring emergences Patti - little shoots of life here; hints and promises of warmth and joy there... continue to have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely and cheerful, roll on Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, Fiona, Gabriella, and Carrie...thank you, dear friends, for the encouragement! Our warm weather days (in the 50s last week!) have turned on us again...not so springlike outside, but keeping it alive inside! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing what becomes of your inklings. Even though we are due to get some snow, sleet and freezing rain tonight, I'm feeling that something is stirring underground, thanks to your artwork. Something small and colorful will emerge eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim...thanks for your comment! Our weather returned to its winter state this weekend too...but spring is still on my mind...just has had a bit of a setback! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!