Welcome to MissouriBendStudio!

This is an online journal of my artistic investigations and a way to communicate about my work, ideas, quandries and queries! I welcome comments and conversation and do hope you enjoy these musings. My artwork is available in my shop MissouriBendStudio on Etsy.com or on my website.

Translate

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday Words



You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait. Do not even wait, be quite still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.

Franz Kafka
(1884-1924)

5 comments:

  1. A perfect reminder Patti - and oh that image of life rolling at your feet in ecstasy! Sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this quote when I came across it...glad you love it too, Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful words.
    o! to live by them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kafka is one of my favorite authors, but this quote took me by surprise...I love it!!! Thanks for your comments Gabriella and Magpie!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear from you...comments and questions are welcome!